My Journey to becoming a Noble Woman – Day 7
Today is Sunday, the Lord requested that we set aside one day a week to rest, He even led by example (took 6 days to create the Earth and rested on the seventh). So, for today, you need to devote any extra time to meditating on the entire Proverbs 31 passage, memorize the assigned verse (Proverbs 31:10-11 this week), pray and prepare your heart for the coming week.
Do NOT use today to catch up on any assignments you have missed or not completed, but do schedule some time in the coming week to get them done.
Can you fill the remainder of Proverbs 31:10-11 from memory?
A ______ ______ ________ _______________ who can find?
She is worth _____ ______ ______ ________.
Her husband _____ _____ _________________ ____ ___
and lacks ___________ ___ ________.
- Am I listening (and hearing) God? What is He saying to me?
- Am I increasingly manifesting the fruits of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control)? What areas look encouraging? What areas need prayer?
- What did God teach me during my TAG?
- Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue?
- Which priorities or goals did I neglect?
- What new thing did I learn — about life, God, my family, and the people around me?
- What are my specific priorities/goals for the coming week?
Now, let me be totally honest and transparent here — I’m having a terrible time with patience, gentleness (of voice) and self-control where my children are concerned. I’m a little afraid of praying for patience because I’ve learned over the years that praying for patience lands me in a big pile of tribulations because honestly, how can you learn patience unless you are put in situation where you have to use patience. I’m kinda like that little monk that was on posters years ago. Remember him? He was praying for patience and said, “Lord, Grant me patience and I want right now.” The gentleness of voice issues have to do with my boys thinking they don’t need to respond until Mom’s about to blow (hence all the yelling, which I truthfully can’t stand) and the self-control? I spend too much time on the computer. (I’m thinking of installing a program that will help with that if I can’t overcome it another way).
My TAG this week was hit-or-miss as far as the morning went — seems if I got up early so did the boys and if I didn’t the boys were up when I woke up — which leaves private time in the shower (can’t really read a Bible in the shower, but I did at least get my daily chat with God in every morning uninterrupted).
How did you do?