February 11, 2009
Borrowed from Kudzu Ramblings
Here you go – a different kind of survey for a change – it’s all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new blog post for yourself!
- WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Not exactly. I always said I wanted a baby by the time I was 30, but really didn’t plan it.
- WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Nope (hence the answer to question number 1).
- WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? A little freaked to be honest.
- WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Nope, never considered it.
- HOW OLD WERE YOU? I turned 29 eight days before I found out.
- HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Peed on a stick, threw the stick when it turned up positive.
- WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Honestly, I can’t remember — I was kinda in denial/shock there for a while.
- DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes
- DUE DATE? September 7, 1993 — but I was thinking more like August 14, 1993.
- DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not really, just slightly queasy unless I didn’t get to be before midnight then I got sick if I wasn’t sound asleep by 1:30am (I worked nights at the time).
- WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nothing really.
- WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Can’t remember.
- WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S GENDER? Boy
- DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE GENDER OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Yep, figured having a girl would be easier since I was single, plus I long for a daughter.
- HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 18-20 pounds
- DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes (after)
- WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? It was supposed to be a surprise but due to complications I was told about it.
- DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? A little — irritable cervix which caused some bleeding and early contractions.
- WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Morgantown, WV
- HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Depends on when you start counting. I was on bed-rest for 2 weeks due to contractions and bleeding starting the end of July. From the time I checked into the hospital until delivery? About 12 – 13 hours.
- WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My Mom.
- WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My Mom, OB nurse, OB Resident and several med students.
- WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
- DID YOU HAVE MEDICATION TO EASE THE PAIN? 1 shot of demoral at 7:00pm (delivered at 10:08pm)
- HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 5 pounds 8 ounces
- WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? August 7, 1993
- WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Nicholas Devin
- HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN? 15 years 7 months.